Monday, August 16, 2010

Inception

This movie was absolutely spectacular. It was wonderful because DiCaprio did not hog the spotlight. This movie gave some serious scenes to some other solid actors. An absolute winner, this movie takes the cake, this movies does for dreams like The Matrix did for technology or computers.

The only downside is Ellen Page talking trash about Sarah Palin and other conservatives. If she continues to run her mouth like that, she will go the Jennifer Fox route and lose major roles.

As complex as this movie is, the characters are mesmerizing. The special effects are fascinating and the action is pulsating. I cannot choose one scene that should have been eliminated. If anything, they could have explained a little more about the paradox regarding the endless staircase. That movie brought up some concepts that are worth having an entire dialogue and college course over.

The wife of DiCaprio was not that amazing. I thought they could have had a different actress and when Arthur became that blond in the bar seen, her face looked like plastic.

The Last Samurai's star Japanese actor carried his own in this movie. He performed admirable.

The angles that this movie took regarding dreams, the aspect regarding the mind being a source of theft while you are dreaming is mind blowing. I have seen this movie twice and was able to soak up viewpoints I missed the first time around. This movie tosses much action and innovative ideas to the viewer, once is not enough. This movie is bigger than the world around us. An idea to contemplate, one minute in reality is several minutes in the dream. This formula compounds if one is in a dream within a dream, hence one night of dreaming could be decades in a dream world.

If I made my own world in a dream, unlike DiCaprio and his wife, I would have included more trees, streams, and mountains.

This movie is impeccable.

I allocate this movie five stars.*****

4 comments:

Step said...

man, I'm getting kinda depressed that you abandoned your readership--you know not everyone who reads your blog necessarily has to write comments & motivate you, but I'm just saying, whatever man, but I really enjoyed your blog and am feeling kinda slighted that without ANY explanation, just abandoned your blog--kinda cowardly. So this is my last reaching-out-to-you, and I almost deleted this message, because I thought yeah whatever, he don't give a shit about us readers, but I think I've gotten to know you through these movie reviews. You've opened yourself up to the readers, and now we're asking why'd ya just quit without even saying goodbye ya know? I don't have many friends, and I've never even had a girlfriend, so I hope you really feel bad because you're letting people like me down, but whatever, I'm used to it already, and I guess I should just overcome my ego, and just reach out to you. This will let me know if you still feel any indebtedness or obligation to your readers, because your dearth of blog posts, and your silence is deafening...

Magical Melody Routine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magical Melody Routine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Magical Melody Routine said...

Please come back and do more posts! We miss you man!